Wednesday, September 14, 2011

America's Next Top Model?

Yesterday turned out to be quite the full day once it got rolling. After spending the better part of the morning on the verge of losing my breakfast (and no, I am not pregnant) I really came to life. In the interest of not putting you into a deep sleep I will not list the many things I accomplished (and places I drove) but I will say that a biggy almost slipped through a crack in my mind.

By the time we arrived home from our son's 6th grade open house at 9:00 I had pretty much had it and headed straight upstairs to put on some comfy jammies and settle in to catch up on a little blog reading. About 9:20 I suddenly remembered that I have a craft show application to get in ASAP that required pictures not only of a few of my items (easy-peasy since I have an online shop) but also one of me making said items. This is supposed to be one of the best shows of the holiday season in my area and since it will be my first year applying I really need to get my app in yesterday to get on the list. Did I mention I was in my jammies? And not just any jammies...bright red clearance jammies with little hearts all over them (think comfy here, not sexy, gentle reader :). After an exclamation not quite fit to print here I shared this realization with my husband Kyle and immediately went back to reading blogs. A few moments later he appeared at my elbow and said, "Here, put this on and let's get it done." Slowly I turned (cue the creepy music) and in his hand was his trusty navy blue blazer. Someday, maybe if I had a few too many glasses of wine, I'll put the blazer on over my clearance jammies and take a few pictures just for giggles, but I can assure you that I will not be submitting those pictures to a jury who will be reviewing my application. Please don't misinterpret me here! I truly appreciate his gentle push to get me off the procrastination bench and into that show, but he's no fashonista, I can tell you that! (Do you know what the average engineer dresses like? Cause it ain't pretty.) But it was the push I needed. For the picture I grabbed my most glamorous zip up hoodie left over from the 1980s, because I AM a fashionista! What do you think?
Well, at least you can't see my clearance jammies...

1 comment:

  1. That is a perfect "working" photo! I doubt many of us are crafting in our finest ball gowns anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete